Share & Care

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Menopause and Hot Flashes-Real People with real stories and feelings.

I have been posting blogs for a little while now. Do you think you need to read what other people are saying? I say yes you do! Do you think menopause and hot flashes is a health concern for men and women? Do you think that if you educate yourself about menopause and hot flashes that you will better understand and know what you are dealing with?The feelings and the experiences that have taken place in your life with the one you love with menopause and hot  flashes has been overwhelming for you. As we know there is much information about menopause and hot flashes that needs to be known. Many have expressed their thoughts and feelings of the information that I have provided in my blogs.

Let’s read what they had to say:

 

Hi Ann, My Mom went through menopause early also. She had cervical cancer years ago and they gave her a full hysterectomy. She had a tough time with it especially in the beginning. Now she is at the age where she would have already gone through the change so she is not so bad now. From what I hear it is really rough when you go through menopause early. It is great that you are helping other women through your personal experience, keep up the great work! ~Unknown
_______________________________________________________
The word “menopause” literally means the “end of monthly cycles” from the Greek word pausis (cessation) and the root men- (month), because the word “menopause” was created to describe this change in human females, where the end of fertility is traditionally indicated by the permanent stopping of monthly menstruation or menses.~TaurenChieftain
______________________________________________________________________________
Great post. I am in menopause because of a hysterectomy. Not fun. My body hates me and well, even though it’s been over a year, I wonder when it will get better. It is not as bad as it was though. Thanks, I'll read your blog. ~Cynthia
______________________________________________________________________________
This post was very touching to me. It took me a while to get it together. Why? I experienced a meltdown as I was creating it. (Very emotional). That sensitive side of me came out and I couldn't contain myself. But as I got near the end I pulled myself together. I realized how much energy I put into this one. It was a lot! I am good to go now and I will keep it moving!
~Vita Woman
______________________________________________________________________________
The stress that comes with menopause can be avoided when you are taking the right supplement that works with your body. ~Vita Woman
______________________________________________________________________________
I've had good results using Vita Woman supplements. I am still wondering about calcium. I took calcium for a while, since my mom had osteoporosis, but my arthritis in my neck got worse. So, I quit for a while. When I get back on, I'll be using Coral Calcium, since I think it gets absorbed better. Then I'll see if it makes my neck worse or it was something else. ~almennigen
______________________________________________________________________________
It’s been 10 or so years for me. And… doctors don’t seem too well equipped at letting a woman know what she could possibly expect.
I had a hysterectomy at 45 and all of a sudden I was in menopause. I remember going back to work after surgery and feeling psychotic. I’d be laughing and carrying on one minute and crying the next. I thought I was going off the deep end. I didn’t mind the hot flashes as much as the mood swings. Thank goodness there was help out there.
Now, I’m enjoying my menopausal years… lol
~Jane
_______________________________________________________________________________
Hello Ann, Great Article on a subject that continues to be taboo in some communities. My mother is 80yrs old with 4 girls we all have the fibroids and were diagnosed at different times in our life. My mom had the hysterectomy in the 70's and has struggled for years with the hormonal imbalance that many time lead to emotional imbalance. And most recently Dementia. I was diagnosed 1988 to this day decided to take care of myself, with menopause packs no procedures even with all the new procedures and info. My doctor told me about the latest procedure,(to stop the blood flow to the fibroid) but said that it was not guaranteed,LOL, then WHY! have it. No thanks! I will wait it out. My younger sister 48 YO was diagnosed 1990 she had the hysterectomy and has had many complications, to include osteoporosis. My other two sisters have not complained of any severe symptoms. Any decision that can alter your life as you know it should be met with an informed decision.
~DJLiciousIceCream
 
_______________________________________________________________________________
I hope that reading theses testimonies and readers sharing their stories have gave you a greater sense of knowing the seriousness of menopause and hot flashes, with all different experiences, at different ages. Surely, you have a story or testimony to share to help another woman. 
 
It is about women helping women no matter what age you are!
 
Health quote for the day:
Time and health are two precious assets that we don't recognize and appreciate until they have been depleted. ~Denis Waitley
 
Thank you for reading and visiting. I know you got a lot out of reading this post. You are always welcomed to come back. Before you go leave your comments, questions and suggestions below this post. Your expressions are always appreciated.
 
Ann Moses
Be a Vita Woman
 
















No comments:

Post a Comment